This post is part of the series Web Designing Guidelines
Other posts in this series:
The SEO untold facts, tips & tricks about WordPress is a series of articles I am specially writing for beginners. I have been using WordPress for my number of sites, since more than 10 years. Here I am sharing a number of untold facts, tricks and tips – fully time tested…! Please note, I’m not a expert programmer or an expert code geek, but what I’m sharing here will surely help the beginners…!
– Dattaraj Vidyasagar
How to write your “About” page first?
Here I am not going to discuss the routine things about dashboard of WP. Instead, I shall discuss about setting up different things within the dashboard.
To start with, I assume that you are starting with a brand new website of your own, or a particular organization, institution, or even just a blog.
- First take a pen and write down the “About me!” or “About Us!” part. Be brief and to the point about this write up. Don’t bluff…!
- While writing this, divide your information, systematically into different headings.
- First there should H2 tag. Give a suitable title for the H2 tag like INTRODUCTION, etc. Below it, write down the introductory but catchy information about you.
- Then comes the H3 tag. Again give a suitable title for it and proceed.
- In this way, your write up should go up to H5 to H6 tag divided into number of paragraphs and things.
- After that I will suggest to type in all this information in MS Word. This will avoid any spelling mistakes. Also the MS Word gives you the compatibility of all these headings like H2, H3, etc.
- Put suitable images (not more than 2-3 small images – thumbnails will be preferably better – as this page, which is the heart of your website should load faster) within the flowing text of this page.
- At the bottom of this page, put your social network links like Google+, Facebook, etc.
- Lastly below it, write something like this: “This page is updated on 12 Dec. 2016”. This creates a good impression on the visitor about your update-frequency and awareness about your website…!
- Then before publishing this page, go to your Google+ profile and put the link of your website, and your social network links, in the LINK BOX given in your About page of Google+ profile.
- Finally use suitable “FEATURED IMAGE” for this page – I will suggest particularly to use the logo which you must have designed for your website as featured image for this page.
- If the theme, which you have used for your website in WP, permits, set Custom Template as FULL WIDTH for this page. This avoids distraction due to widgets, if any, around this page.
- Finally check and recheck the contents of this page and publish it.
- As a sample, for all above given examples, check the About Page of Vidyasagar Academy.
Part-4 of SEO untold facts, tips & tricks about WordPress, will follow soon.
Don’t miss the Part-4 of the series of SEO untold facts, tips & tricks about WordPress. In next part, I am going to discuss about the untold facts and tricks about setting up and publishing other pages and categories, which will help you build a strong environment of SEO.
Continue reading this series:
SEO untold facts, tips & tricks about WordPress Part-4