This post is part of the series Web Designing Guidelines
Other posts in this series:
Why you must register for edu.in domain?
- This domain is registered with the approval of Indian government after scrutinizing full documents.
- So its very prestigious to have this domain which gives you a complete nationalized identity on the net.
- Google, the largest search giant just loves these domains and gives your website a great priority on its search results.
- This is because Google knows that the edu.in domain is fully recognized and qualitative domain which consists of fully authorized content.
- Your website traffic tremendously increases due to trusted domain name.
- Your website visitors trust your website content and your institution also and so you get unique identity on the net.
- The social networks like Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, etc. provide you full support for creating secured public pages.
- Due to this, your Google search results boost to maximum.
- If your domain is registered for SSL (Secured Socket Layer) certification i.e. your domain is like https://www.xyz.edu.in then its just great…!
- The ‘s’ in your domain protocol makes you fully qualified to enjoy all the benefits of Google search engine and your website’s keywords hierarchy.
- You can create number of email addresses like email@example.com and use it for government and private official correspondence, to create great weightage.
- The emails sent from such email addresses are fully encrypted and can’t be hacked.
- If your institution has research level faculties, then you can give them such email address of their own, which help them create Google Scholar Verified Account to publish their research papers on the net.
You can apply to register for the xyz.edu.in domain to our Indian Government Portal www.ernet.in. Please refer the following topics, rewritten by me, in simple language to proceed with the registration process.
Who can apply?
Check whether you are eligible to apply for the xyz.edu.in domain.
- Public and Private educational institutions
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Government and Private Colleges
- Professional and Vocational Institutes
- Universities and dimmed universities
What is the initial procedure?
First check that whether the required domain is available on the net. For that we suggest to tell your webmaster to visit our domain registration portal and check its availability. Once it is confirmed that the required domain is available, then you can proceed with the following step.
Make a formal request
A formal request on the letterhead of the institute duly signed by the head of the institution, for which domain name registration is applied, should be uploaded on the site.
Letter to be addressed to the following address:
ERNET DOMAIN REGISTRAR,
Block-I, A Wing DMRC, IT Park,
Shastri Park, New Delhi – 110053
How to make payment?
Along with the letter, payment should be made through online (credit card/debit card/net banking) mode or NEFT in ERNET India’s Bank account. The payment must be done at the time of domain registration. You can register for 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or 10 years. Accordingly you will have to make the payment. The bank details are given below, where you have to deposit the payment.
Bank Account No.: 604810110002285
Bank account name: ERNET India
Bank Name: Bank of India
Branch Name: Electronics Niketan, 6 CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110003
IFSC Code: BKID0006048
Documentary proof of the institute related to domain name applied for new registration, that institute is involved in academic/educational field:
- Copy of Registration paper/Affiliation letter from any University/CBSE/AICTE/UGC/State Education Board etc. should also be uploaded on the site.
- User has to submit/upload any ID issued by Government for credential verification of the Institute for which domain name registration is applied.
- Any modification such as change of contact person (Admin), address of educational institutions will be entertained only through head/principal/chairman of institute.
- The Domain registration process would be initiated only after verifying the payment, letter, documentary proof and online domain registration form.
- Domain Name should be confirmed to the syntax.
Conditions for domain name syntax
The requested domain name of any private organization should not be similar to any Government Organization (full or abbreviated) or country name.
For example educational Institute like “Ganesh Onkara Institute”, should not request domain name like GOI.AC.IN or GOI.EDU.IN as GOI is used for Government of India or Uttrakhand Girls College should not apply for UGC.AC.IN or UGC.EDU.IN (As UGC is for University Grant Commission) or Uttam Sanskrit Academy should not apply for USA.AC.IN or USA.EDU.IN (as USA is country name). Domain name should match with Institute’s name.
If any organization is not involved (if found later) in educational, academic or research activities after their domain registration under EDU.IN, AC.IN and RES.IN, respectively, and involved in other web activities unrelated to academic/research, then their registered domain under ac.in, res.in and edu.in may be withheld. Also, after registration of domain, if any document submitted to ERNET by registrant is found to be fake/forged/wrong, ERNET India reserves the right to de-actiavte/delete that domain.
Conditions for payment
DD and CASH will not be accepted . User have to pay online (credit card/debit card/net banking) /NEFT (account details given above). In case of NEFT, kindly mention domain name and UTR No. in NEFT deposit slip/receipt. Domain User has to upload this slip/receipt which should be duly signed and stamp by Bank/your Institute while filling online registration/renewal form through this website
Auto reminders for renewal of domain will be sent on admin and technical email-id (filled in online registration form) of the domain user 60 days, 45 days, 30 days, 15, and 5 days prior to expiry of domain name.
For further clarification regarding domain registration kindly contact:
Block-I, A Wing DMRC, IT Park,
Shastri Park, New Delhi 110053
Phone: 011-22170594, 22170580, 22170583
The Registrant’s Representations
- The statements that the Registrant made in the Registrant’s Application Form for Registration of Domain Name are complete and accurate;
- To the Registrant’s Knowledge, the registration of the domain name will not infringe upon or otherwise violate the rights of any third party;
- The Registrant is not registering the domain name for an unlawful purpose; and
- The Registrant will not knowingly use the domain name in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
- It is the Registrant’s responsibility to determine whether the Registrant’s domain name registration infringes or someone else’s rights.
Document Uploading Procedure
- Files for “Request on Letterhead” and “Documentary Proof” should be in PDF format only.
- Also please send original copy of these uploaded documents at following address through post:
ERNET India, 5th Floor, Block-I, A Wing, DMRC IT Park, Shastri Park, Delhi – 110053
Contact me for complete guidance and to complete the registration process of your edu.in domain and website designing as well as its hosting. I’ve been providing expert guidance in web designing since last 15 years.