This article of “Best tips and guidelines for latecomer students of 12th standard” is for the students who think that…
- I have not yet studied anything about 12th bifocal electronics (C2) subject.
- I don’t know what books should be referred to start the study of 12th electronics subject.
- I was busy in the preparation of PCM study and forgot about this subject at all…!
- My PCM teachers told me (or in other words, misguided me) that this subject is easy and you can do its study later on…!
- I studied PCM with JEE Main and other competitive exam preparation at KOTA or other such institutions, so couldn’t have enough time to think about this subject.
- I’m from such city or village where I didn’t get any education or guidance for this subject.
- I thought that I will get 100 marks in practical examination from my college, so there is no need to study this subject hard (this is perhaps the biggest mistake you did or you’ll do in your life).
- If you think that you fit to any of the points given above then its a very serious matter.
- If you are reading this page during January to March, then it’s extremely serious.
- But don’t get panic…!
- You can still do quite well!
Now very seriously follow my guidelines, and read very very carefully….! Understand each and every point given below…
I am Prof. Dattaraj Vidyasagar, teaching this subject since last 26 years!
How to start?
First take a paper and pen and note down the following points.
There are total 13 chapters of this subject given with their marks weightage. They are as follows:
Paper-1, Applied Electronics – 50 Marks papers, 03 Hours Duration
- Instruments – 15%
- DC Power supplies – 20%
- Transducers – 10%
- Operational amplifiers – 25%
- Modern electronics communication – 10%
- Study of integrated circuits – 20%
Paper-2, Digital Electronics – 50 Marks papers, 03 Hours Duration
- Number systems – 15%
- Logic gates – 15%
- Logic families – 10%
- Combinational logic circuits – 20%
- Flipflops – 20%
- Analog to digital and digital to analog converters – 12%
- Computer fundamentals – 08%
Now if you very late to start the study of this subject, then you must concentrate on only following chapters from paper-1 and paper-2:
If you have already purchase my notes, then I suggest you to watch my following video lectures first to build your concepts in basic electronics.
Paper-1, Applied Electronics
- Instruments – 15% – this chapter is very important, Video lecture
- DC Power Supplies – 20% – this chapter will be helpful for understanding concepts in Chapter-4
- Operational Amplifiers – 25% – extremely important chapter. Video lecture
Paper-2, Digital Electronics
- Number systems – 15%
- Logic Gates – 15% – Lecture-1, Lecture-2 and Lecture-3
- Combinational Logic Circuits – 20% – Mux, Demux, Decoder
- Flip Flops – 20% – RS FF
With complete study of these chapters, you can score more than 70% marks in the HSC board examination coming in March this year!
How to study of the chapters?
- First order my complete notes of this subject, which are very popular all over in Maharashtra since last 26 years.
- Or you can use any other books of this subject like Nirali Prakashan books. But remember, these books contain lots of errors.
- Well, whatever is your decision, proceed to the next step.
- Now just go through the contents chapter by chapter and understand the flow of topics in my notes.
- After that go to this link and download all the Chapter-wise Open Book Test Papers designed by me. Solve all those papers keeping my notes OPEN in-front of you while solving these papers.
- Believe me! When you will start solving these open book tests, you will automatically search for different topics, in each chapter. This will make you understand the structure of complete syllabus of this subject.
- You can also download the complete syllabus of 12th electronics if you have any doubts regarding the scope & limitations of the subject.
- Ok. Until now we discussed about the preparation of theory part of the subject. Now if your college is serious about doing practical experiments also, then read the next important points about practical part of 12th electronics.
How to prepare practicals?
The practicals experiments of 12th electronics are very interesting. Those who never studied these experiments will surely loose the practical and applied approach of this subject.
The practical examination of 12th electronics conducted by HSC Board. You have to perform two experiments – one each from paper-1 and paper-2 sets of experiments, as given below.
- Practical experiment Paper-1: 25 marks – duration 03 hours
- Practical experiment Paper-2: 25 marks – duration 03 hours
- After performing the experiment in annual practical examination, the student has to face oral examination, which will be conducted by external examiner.
- Oral exam on experiment of paper-1: 05 marks
- Oral exam on experiment of paper-2: 05 marks
As per the HSC Board rules and regulations, each student has to construct one project (from any one topic of the syllabus) for which 40 marks are allotted by the internal examiner of the subject. Thus, the total marks distribution is as follows:
- Theory: 50 + 50 = 100 marks
- Practical: 25 + 05 + 25 + 05 + 40 = 100 marks
Note: If you have not submitted your project report, you can download the FREE editable MS Word copies of 12th electronics project reports.
I have been publishing guessing papers, since last 10 years for HSC Board examination of 12th electronics. You can download the guessing paper(s). You can also download some important study material from these links.
My dear friends,
I wish you all the best in your future examination. I took lots of efforts to provide you high quality material.
Please take some time and write Google Review for Vidyasagar Academy. Thanks in advance…!