The purpose of writing this post “How to run AVR Studio 4 in Windows 8.1 or higher operating system?“, is because our students were always facing this problem of running AVR Studio 4 in Windows 8.1 or higher versions of Windows. Now the problem is solved. Follow the procedure as given below:
Download .dll file first! Ah. Its .dll!
First download a particular modified dynamic link library file, msys-1.0.dll by clicking the following download button.
[wpdm_package id=12010 template=”link-template-calltoaction3.php”]
Copy-paste this file!
- After downloading, copy this DLL file i.e. msys-1.0.dll into to the WinAvr\utils\bin folder in your PC, where you have already installed AVR Studio 4.
- If you do not find this location, then click C: drive in your PC. You will see one folder in the root named as WinAVR-2008xxx or something like this.
- Open this folder and you will see one folder named as “util”. Open this folder also.
- Now within this folder there is one more folder named as “bin”.
- Open this folder lastly and paste our msys-1.0.dll file into this folder.
- Windows will prompt you with an alert, where to replace the existing file. Click Yes.
- That’s it! Your problem is solved.
- Now, open your AVR Studio 4, create the project as usual in it and press F7 to build your source code. Everything will be ok, with no errors at all.
- Download Win AVR (latest version) on Sourceforge.net.
Write Google Review