This project is a school level project for the students from 8th standard to 12th standard.
Blindness is a curse. The person who is either blind by birth or by accident in his life has to face lots of problems. Close your eyes and try to do something you do every day, like putting toothpaste on a toothbrush.
You will soon realise how difficult it is to do things if you cannot see what you are doing…!
Global level blind percentage
According to WHO, the estimated percentage of blind persons in India and the world are given below.
As shown in above pie charts, it indicates the severity of the blindness across the globe. Hence we thought to work on this particular project to help a bit, at least to the blind persons when they will use this instrument, presented here.
- Our first objective is to provide an easy way of detecting obstacles to blind persons, while walking.
- Secondly we have to design a low cost i.e. economical instrument for the blind persons, which they can afford.
- The design of the instrument should be simple to operate and easy to use for the blind persons.
- The instrument must give fairly accurate results while detecting the obstacles en route.
- The instrument must work for a long time on the portable and rechargeable battery.
- And lastly, the instrument must work long life and to the fullest possible utility.
These are the objectives of this project and we think that we have done all possible efforts to fulfil them. Please check in the following pages…
Note: The .hex code file is renamed as “hex code of the project.txt” for server security reasons. You will have to rename it again, as “hex code of the project.hex”. Windows will ask you whether to rename this file, it will be unusable, etc. Ignore such alerts given by Windows.